Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Update! In Honor of My Irish Ancestors Part 2

Update for St. Patrick's Day!

Original Post -
[I feel a need to speak their names, to write their names and to think about the trials and hardships they had gone through.  How very frightening to leave their beautiful country with the family members still alive, and to move somewhere that they were not wanted.

I am proud to be the Great-Great-Great granddaughter of Alexander Moore, Great-Great granddaughter of James Moore, Sr. and Jane Bowden, Great granddaughter of John B. Moore, Sr. and Jeannie Belle Montgomery.  (and many more in my paternal line).

I am proud to be the 10-Great granddaughter of Thomas Clary and Judith Laton, the 9-Great granddaughter of John Clary I, the 8-Great granddaughter of John Clary II, the 7-Great granddaughter of John Clary III, the 6-Great granddaughter of William Deveron Clary, the 5-Great granddaughter of John Swearingen Clary, the 4-Great granddaughter of Zachariah Clary, the Great-Great-Great granddaughter of Henry James Clary, the Great-Great granddaughter of Albert Alva David Clary, the Great granddaughter of Ethel Marie Clary.  (and many more in my maternal line).

It is so comforting to know where I came from.]


UPDATE:

Research - Check! Real Ancestor - Check!

John Moore, Sr. was born in Newtownards, Down County, Ireland. After he had been in America, served with the Co. A, 9th Ill. Cav., he returned to Ireland and, on 26 Feb 1866, he married Jeannie Belle Montgomery at Wierston, Scotland. When they returned to the United States, they located in Keokuk Co, Iowa. They had lived all around the same are-Tilton, Thornburg, Prairie, Adams, Deep River and What Cheer.

Cemetery Found - Check! Time to Go - Check!!

This is so exciting! I happen to have a meeting in Des Moines this Saturday and the cemetery where my ancestors are buried, just south of the highway where I will be travelling! I probably have 6-8 relatives buried in the White Oak Cemetery just north of Thornburg. It is just so awesome that I am living in the state where a 15 years ago, I didn't even know these were my family members in the first place and now I will drive through where they lived, walk where they had walked and maybe even see their home, if it's still standing.

Did Your Ancestors Know My Ancestors?

Here are a few names of dear friends and neighbors that lived near by the town of What Cheer, Iowa. Maybe your relatives hung out with mine! Mind blown!

Mr. and Mrs. Issac Swain
Mr. and Mrs. Charley Acord
Mrs. Peter Roth
Mrs. Fred Holland
Mrs. Jane Harding
Mrs. Baxter
Mrs. Molyneaux
Mrs. James Molyneaux
Mr. and Mrs. Fred Roth
W. R. Moore
Mr. and Mrs. Eli Horn
Mrs. Jane McClune


I love when a genealogy research plan comes together!
I will post pics when I get back, be sure to come back and visit to check it out. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment